Executive Assistant to General Manager
- Permanent full-time role
- Supportive, inclusive, and friendly environment
- Are you a proactive and flexible executive support professional?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly organised Executive Assistant to join our inclusive and professional team at Dunedin City Council to help make a difference for Ōtepoti Dunedin.
You will be supporting one or more General Managers, enabling them to carry out their responsibilities effectively, while liaising with staff at all levels of the organisation, as well as elected representatives and external stakeholders. Your ability to be customer and solutions focused will be second to none.
Bring your organisational skills and act as the ‘go to' person for a multitude of enquiries and actions while managing diaries, travel, meeting schedules, minutes and requests, along with screening incoming mail, e-mails and phone calls. You'll have the skillset and capability required for managing workload priorities, while exercising discretion and maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
You will draw on your proven experience and transferable skill set to demonstrate:
- Experience in providing support to a senior leader ensuring key strategic and operational meetings are prioritised and supporting documentation is provided well in advance
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, anticipating the GM's needs ahead of time, while ensuring work is produced accurately and to a high standard.
- Excellent verbal communication skills combined with equally impressive time management abilities.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Dunedin.
If you are flexible, proactive team member looking for a varied and challenging opportunity, then hit the 'apply' button to make an application online and/or to view the position description.
If you have any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description, or if you have difficulty with your application please email HR.Admin@dcc.govt.nz
Salary Range: 56,449 to 66,411
Applications will be considered as they are received and may be progressed further prior to the closing date of Sunday 6 February 2022.
Commitment to Treaty of Waitangi
The Dunedin City Council is committed to the Principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and our work serving the citizens of Dunedin will reflect this.
The DCC prioritises the health, safety and wellbeing for our teams, customers and the wider community we engage with. The DCC supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of full Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.