Waste Minimisation Strategy Officer
Dunedin City Council is looking to appoint a talented Waste Minimisation Strategy Officer to the Waste and Environmental Solutions Business Unit. We are looking for someone with a background in environmental management, policy, communications or compliance. Either way you will be great with people and passionate about sustainability, the environment, and keeping Dunedin beautiful.
The Waste Minimisation Strategy Officer (WMSO) is responsible for helping develop strategies and policies that guide a holistic waste management approach within the Council with a strong emphasis on waste prevention. The WMSO will also co-ordinate with the Waste and Environmental Solutions Team on waste minimisation project development and implementation and assist with overseeing the on-going delivery of waste minimisation programmes and initiatives set out in the Council's Waste Minimisation and Management Plan.
- Develop new or expanded project plans and implement programmes aimed at minimising waste to landfill
- Waste Strategy - develop and manage strategies and policies for waste management and minimisation within the City
- Maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders, involving them in waste minimisation project planning and implementation
- Promote waste minimisation practice within the community and to businesses in support of both local and national programmes and initiatives
Ideally you will have
- A Post-graduate diploma in a related field
- Previous experience with developing policy documents
- Previous experience in project planning and implementation
- Experience working with stakeholders i.e. businesses, industry sector groups, community groups, focus groups, and the public
In addition to the above, you will have good planning and organisational skills, the ability to communicate with customers, consultants, and contractors, and the ability to plan and deliver effectively in a complex and sometimes pressured environment.
If this exciting opportunity sounds like you and you would enjoy working in a small team that prides itself on delivering value to our communities, we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary Range: 70,790 - 83,282