Drainage Investigation/Compliance Officer - Building Services
Be part of the Council's Building Services team by joining our compliance area as a drainage investigation/compliance officer. The role primarily:
- Investigates complaints of stormwater and foul water nuisance
- Works with property owners and other departments in Council to ensure the nuisance is remedied
If you have experience in this field of work; are an experienced drainlayer and are looking for a new challenge, then this is your chance to be part of a motivated, supportive team with exceptional development and ongoing training opportunities while earning a competitive salary.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have many of the following:
- Previous building control experience or drainage qualifications
- A minimum of 5 - 6 years' trade experience, which would ideally include industrial and commercial projects
- Ability to interpret drainage plans
- Knowledge of and ability to use different computer systems including the Microsoft Office range of products
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing customer requirements
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
This role provides an opportunity to gain a NZQA L6 qualification (if not already held). Where the Council funds the training of the appropriate qualification, you will be financially bonded for two years post attainment.
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge within the Building Services, in one of the world's great small cities then we look forward to hearing from you!
Salary Range: $64,558 - $82,254
Applications close Wednesday 16 June 2021