Parks and Recreation (Planning) - Undergraduate Intern
Are you currently enrolled and actively pursuing tertiary education? Are you seeking valuable work experience this summer and keen to make a positive contribution to one of the World's Great Small Cities? Are you passionate and interested in learning how Dunedin City Council works?
Dunedin City Council is currently seeking applications from undergraduate students who are looking for employment relevant to their area of study during the summer months (November to February).
We are looking for intern support within Parks and Recreation Planning.
- Engage with the public
- Collate and digitise surveys
- Collate and analyse public submissions
- Produce reports e.g. freedom camping and playground usage
- Pull vehicle ownership data from NZTA
- Send standardised letters
- Take minutes and provide other clerical needs
- Has driver's license, as site visits are required
- Ability to work the occasional weekend
- conditions and on all types of terrain
- Knowledge of planning principles and/or keen interest in recreational activities
- Confident with public engagement
We need computer literate team players, with a 'can-do' positive attitude and a genuine willingness to learn. Successful candidates will currently be enrolled in tertiary studies and will have the opportunity to work within a relevant department within the council. Spend your summer doing interesting work with our awesome team at the Dunedin City Council!
Salary: $42,186 per annum (pro-rated)