3 Waters (Engineering Services) - Undergraduate Intern
Are you currently enrolled and actively pursuing tertiary education? Are you seeking valuable work experience this summer and keen to make a positive contribution to one of the World's Great Small Cities? Are you passionate and interested in learning how Dunedin City Council works?
Dunedin City Council is currently seeking applications from undergraduate students who are looking for employment relevant to their area of study during the summer months (November to February).
The 3 Waters Engineering Services Team require Intern support to work on various tasks in the following areas - Wastewater Networks, Coastal Infrastructure, Infrastructure Resilience, Energy Cost Efficiency and Water Supply Management.
There will be a number of smaller projects for this team and the wider 3 Waters business for example:
- Finalisation of revised designated water take hydrants
- Closing out historic 3 Waters building consents
- Cost analysis for Southern HLTWP vs MGRWRP, MGWTP coloured water vs RWR and Taieri Pumps vs Mt G high colour overflow
We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong written communication skills, particularly the ability to review a broad range of literature and summarise key information
- The ability to think critically, in broad terms
- The ability to analyse and manipulate data
- Can collate and organise information from a wide range of sources
- Is comfortable talking to and working with staff / contractors / suppliers
We need computer literate team players, with a 'can-do' positive attitude and a genuine willingness to learn. Successful candidates will currently be enrolled in tertiary studies and will have the opportunity to work within a relevant department within the council. Spend your summer doing interesting work with our awesome team at the Dunedin City Council!
Salary: $42,186 per annum (pro-rated)