Finance and Procurement - Undergraduate Intern
Are you currently enrolled and actively pursuing tertiary education? Are you seeking valuable work experience this summer and keen to make a positive contribution to one of the World's Great Small Cities? Are you passionate and interested in learning how Dunedin City Council works?
Dunedin City Council is currently seeking applications from undergraduate students who are looking for employment relevant to their area of study during the period before Christmas.
This role is going to be involved in both Finance and Procurement.
Finance - Rating Options
- Identify and collect relevant information on Short Term Visitor Accommodation (STVA) providers meeting certain criteria. This process will involve searching websites, particularly online booking sites such as Airbnb and Bookabach, working with interested parties and targeted communications with ratepayers.
- Develop a process for annually updating the list of STVA providers including communication with ratepayers.
- Prepare material for engaging with affected property owners during the consultation period
- Research and develop options for targeted rates for the Central City project area
- Research skills are essential
Procurement - 21st Century Information
- We need your gen-y, social media and communications skills.
- We are involved in everything that the DCC does, buys or delivers.
- The procurement and commercial focus has changed considerably in the last 2 years and continues to evolve and develop at a fast pace.
- We need your help to communicate in the most effective way with all our stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Our processes are constantly evolving - please come and help our tools catch-up!
Successful candidates will currently be enrolled in tertiary studies and will have the opportunity to work within a relevant department within the council. Spend your summer doing interesting work with our awesome team at the Dunedin City Council!
Salary: $41,358 per annum (pro-rated)