Building Inspector (Plumbing and Drainage) - Building Services
Supporting Dunedin's building growth including new dwellings, earthquake strengthening and upgrading commercial buildings, the Building Services team have a vacancy for a Building Inspector with a plumbing and drainage focus. Balancing customer service and a regulatory function, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that building work is in accordance with the Building Act and Regulations; the Building Consent application and the Building Consent Authority Quality Assurance manual.
If you have experience in this field of work; are an existing certifying plumber and drainlayer; are looking for a new challenge; then this is your chance to be part of a motivated, supportive team with exceptional development and ongoing training opportunities while earning a competitive salary.
Ideally you will have many of the following:
- building control experience and/or significant plumbing and drainage experience and a desire to gain further qualifications
- a minimum of 5 - 6 years' trade experience, which would ideally include residential and commercial projects
- ability to interpret building plans
- knowledge of computer systems, particularly in the area of Office Automation and the Microsoft Office range of products
- ability to problem solve and adapt to changing customer requirements
- effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
You must hold or attain within 3 years of role commencement an appropriate NZQA qualification as per regulation 18 of the Building (Accreditation of Building Consent Authorities) Regulations 2006. Where the Council funds the training of the appropriate qualification, you will be financially bonded for two years post attainment.
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge within the Building Services, in one of the world's great small cities then we look forward to hearing from you!
Interviews are planned to be held 28 and 29 March 2018.
Salary range: $62,052 to $73,002