Technical Support Officer (Plumbing and Drainage) - Building Services
Supporting Dunedin's building growth including subdivisions and new dwellings, the Building Services team have a vacancy for a Plumbing and Drainage Technical Support Officer.
Balancing customer service and a regulatory function, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring plumbing and drainage aspects of subdivisions; private drainage; sewer extensions; septic tanks; water courses are processed, granted and inspected in accordance with the Building Act and Regulations, and the Building Consent Authority manual. You'll also provide technical and legal interpretation of plumbing and drainage matters to the Building Solutions Manager.
You'll be the primary contact for out of hours Building Services plumbing and drainage incidents.
If you have experience in this field of work; are an existing certifying plumber and drainlayer; and are looking for a new challenge, then this is your chance to be part of a motivated, supportive team with exceptional development and ongoing training opportunities while earning a competitive salary.
Ideally you will have many of the following:
- building control experience and/or significant plumbing and drainage experience and a desire to gain further qualifications
- a minimum of 5 - 6 years' trade experience, which would ideally include residential and commercial projects
- ability to interpret building plans
- knowledge of computer systems, particularly in the area of Office Automation and the Microsoft Office range of products
- ability to problem solve and adapt to changing customer requirements
- effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
You must hold, or attain within 3 years of role commencement, an appropriate NZQA qualification as per regulation 18 of the Building (Accreditation of Building Consent Authorities) Regulations 2006. Where the Council funds the training of the appropriate qualification, you will be financially bonded for two years post attainment.
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge within Building Services in one of the world's great small cities, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Interviews are planned to be held 28 and 29 March 2018.
Salary range: $67,201 to $79,060