IT Project Manager
We have a fantastic 12 month fixed term opportunity in our Change Delivery team for an individual who is passionate about project management, driving improvement, implementing change, and has proven success in managing and delivering IT projects. The focus of this fixed term will be to deliver a discrete, strategic programme of work for the DCC.
Our projects are a complex blend of technology implementation and business process change so will not be for the faint-hearted.
Your skills in delivering well-structured projects, developing solid relationships with principal stakeholders and your proven understanding of business process improvements will be key to your success.
The key duties of the role will see you:
- Providing management of projects;
- Delivering projects to plan within budget reporting to project board and/or change delivery manager;
- Advancing and promoting sound Project Management principles at all times;
- Ensuring effective delivery of the business process changes, including documentation and training;
- Undertaking risk assessments, and developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies as agreed by the Project Board.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5+ years Project Management experience;
- Proven experience of successful delivery of IT projects;
- Prince2 qualified or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A strong customer focus;
- Experience with project management life cycle and tools;
- Experience with risk management techniques;
- Experience with organisational change management;
- Experience in delivery of document management and/or testing solutions would be beneficial.
You will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) that will enable you to interact confidently and credibly with all levels of our organisation. You will understand the importance of change management (technical and people) and will seamlessly blend these activities into your project execution.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.